Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

The Early Bird. . .

Gets to go out for a run when the temp is still only 79 degrees and the humidity is only in the double digits and there are traces of a breeze wafting about. He gets the run over with and then can smugly go through the rest of the day laughing at the heat knowing he can stick close to the A/C and not have to worry about stupid things like getting a workout in. And he gets to feel all uppity as his afternoon running friends mix tears into their sweat as the complain in their blogs about how miserable the conditions are.

Did I mention that me and KJ went out running this morning? Did the Vinegar Hill version of the Acme loop and then I added on an additional 2.5 with a 36th St. loop. KJ was dragging but then picked things up, I'm guessing to sub 7 pace, after we passed Overbrook High and got a head of steam on that long downhill on 59th St. It was fun to do but ultimately pointless, as the only reason for going fast on a morning like this is that it gets the run over with more quickly.

10.5 in 84:31. This lets me close the books on the most productive July ever, 337 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home