Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, July 28, 2006

I Need a Miracle

I can't get around and I can't run away
I need a miracle every day.

I had a shitty day today.

Missed my morning run

Because I had to go to Harrisburg

And due to incompatible train scheduling got to spend all day there for the sake of an hour and a half meeting

Only to return to meet Cindy to negotiate our breakup over dinner (a combination I would not recommend to anyone in a similar situation pondering this)

And to top it all off I lost my keys.

Its the latter that was the worst. Whenever I came to terms with the rest of the stuff and with life in general that nagging feeling came back that there is this hole in my pocket where my keys are supposed to be. And because I can't rule out that they may have fallen into evil hands and because I have thoroughly exhausted everyplace I can think of to look, I'm going to have to postpone my trip to DC to visit my sister tomorrow and see about getting the locks changed.

And this brings me to 10:15 pm, sitting on the bed and staring at my running shoes. There was no reason at all to run. I already called KJ that I'm not going to make the Friday am run, so as to run the BN loop hard (my planned workout for today). I had a full stomach of nouvelle Mexican food and overpriced Margaritas. Outside the darkness was pierced by regular flashes of lightning. I think I went running because there was no reason to run. I ran a four mile version of the Franklin Field loop, the minimum distance I'll log these days. Didn't bring my watch.

So am I glad I did it? Honestly I don't feel any better, although I've now resigned myself to my keys being lost and have stopped obsessively searching for them. I'll feel better about it when it comes to tallying up my mileage on Sunday, as any mileage beats the hell out of a DNR.

Just one thing I got to say
I need a miracle every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home