Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, August 07, 2006

There's Fever in the Funkhouse Now

Great line from which Rolling Stones song (no googling now)?

Was listening at work this afternoon to a House of Blues collection of blues artists doing Stones covers, and that phrase caught in my head. Rolling Stones were my favorite band all through high school. This song was covered by Johnny Copeland, but it must have been near his end days, as his voice already sounded like death.

Anyway, interesting set of bookends today. Yesterday's run wiped me out. I slept away most of yesterday afternoon, fell asleep early reading with Tony that evening, and still overslept the 6am Club West Philly run this morning. Good thing too, for even though I got my act together to make it out for a run this morning, the fever was definitely lacking. Franklin Field loop and 6 laps on the track. Pace solidly in the 9's. Even Tarika on the iPod couldn't jumpstart me. 5 in a very slow time.

Then I did a second workout when I got home this evening. I went with Fela Kuti again on the iPod and things immediately clicked. I just rolled through an Art Museum loop. Felt a smooth gliding stride that tore up the ground in front of me. Nice feeling. 6.5 in 48:07, and that distance is short because I know I ran faster than that.

There's fever in the funkhouse now!

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

that's a jukebox fave of mine. i won't spoil it for anyone trying to guess, but i will say:

that low down bitchin
got my poor feet a-itchin

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home