Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, August 21, 2006

Three Men & a Baby

KJ, Jody & I, with Silas in the stroller. Plan was to go to Lloyd Hall but we got sidetracked and made an Acme loop out of it, running 36th St. but then going up Paul's hill rather than the steeper and farther Lebanon hill. I'm getting more used to our running style, we are alot less chatty when the women aren't running with us - instead we talk in spurts and mix in periods of silence. The weather is also cooler today. All this made for a nice run. I tacked on a 39th St. loop to bring the morning's mileage up to 11 or so, in 98:28. Easy run.

I went up to Connecticut for the weekend to visit a friend and his family. Took the kids but forgot my running shoes, so that made yesterdays workout a no-brainer with a DNR.

On Saturday morning I wanted to get on the road north by 8:00. That forced a compromise with my long run, as I only had time for 11 miles, but took 7.5 of them at marathon pace. As best I could tell I kept up a 6 minute pace through those 7.5, and hit 3 river miles in 18-flat, and the next 3.5 (including the Greenland Rd. hill) in 20:51. All in all it was 11 miles in 75:55. Good run, and got on the road by 8:30.

That catches me up, and now I gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home