Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Humble Pie

To make sure that my head didn't get too swelled after yesterday's race, I went up to Roxborough this morning to run with PTC. I was without a doubt the slowest among Emily and the 12 guys that took off down Ridge Ave.

But I'm making progress in that it's no longer a point of anxiety for me about whether I can keep up with them when they run long and slow. From Ridge Ave we got on Forbidden Drive and took it all the way to Northwest Ave, and from there it was Hart's Lane back down to the Schuylkill, which we followed through Manayunk. At the bus depot, I took advantage of today being the cusp of the end of my recovery from last weeks half marathon and the start of my taper for next weeks half marathon, and cut away from the rest of the guys to finish a shorter version of the loop up the Ridge Ave hill. Beautiful morning to run, and I enjoyed the company, though I stay mostly silent on these runs.

I have no idea as to the length of todays loop, so conservatively I'll call it 14.5 in 1:40:55. It was just the right distance to where a deep down soreness oozed out of my calves on the last mile, but I wasn't obligated to run with it as usually is the case on real long runs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home