Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

Learn to Fly

First cut off of Carbon Leaf's just-released cd. Catchy, good to run to, and sets the tone for an excellent album. And it doesn't hurt that the title works for my life right now on several different levels.

And fly I did this morning. I left from my new place and tore it up such that it felt more like an afternoon run than a sleepy early morning jaunt. Ran a Sweetbriar loop and got to the Art Museum in under 25 minutes, went sub 7 on the MLK part, and just felt fast without really trying. If days like this keep creeping into my training, then CIM is going to be big.

Its a long road to CIM, but this morning was a promising first step. 8 miles in 54:27.

A dirty bird like me will learn to fly ~ Carbon Leaf

ADDENDUM

Got in a short afternoon workout. Tony was supposed to run the Parkway Run with me but couldn't drag his butt out of bed on Sunday. That's okay, no pressure. But perhaps to assuage his guilt he asked if he could go running with me today. So we did a mile down to 43rd St. and looping back around via Pine. 10:04. I told him that tomorrow we'd try to break the ten minute mark on this loop and he is gung ho to try. I added on 2.5 with a 36th St. loop through Penn. On the Locust St. hill between 43rd and 45th I ran into Tony's best friend Julian and his dad, Jeff, riding home on their bikes. I raced them up that hill and beat Julian handily. Still had all the exhileration I felt this morning. See how things go tomorrow. 3.5 (for me, total) in 28:36.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home