Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

One Day Forward. . .

two days back. Took a DNR yesterday to catch up on sleep, and overslept this morning as well, so I only managed a 36th St. loop (2.5+ miles in 24:33) . I'll get a few more miles in this afternoon.

In hindsight, living out of boxes, still moving stuff in, dealing with getting kids off to school from another house, not to mention work and trying to maintain a life all create obstacles for maintaining a regular training regimen. So I have to draw upon two unheralded strengths that develop through my running while I busily focus on other things - 1) patience & 2) the security of knowing that, somewhere, there is a finish line.

Was running up Locust Walk when I saw the front end of a running stroller overtake me. I took this as an affront until I saw KJ at the other end of it. He just got back from Vegas, where he seemed not to have had any Elvis sightings but did wonder if he was the first tourist to visit the Clark County Library.

ADDENDUM:

Did make it out this afternoon. Did a mile with Tony on what I now call Tony's loop (46th to Larchwood to 43rd and back up Pine to 46th to the start). Time was 9:37, new loop record. Also ran an Art Museum loop afterwards. I wanted to go easy but my legs wanted to go fast. Sped it up going down 31st St. and just kept going faster. Joy. Got that same urge going up Locust Walk and sped it up, running through the college crowd, to where I got to pursesnatching pace. I love running! Loop was 6.5 in 44:55. Total 7.5 in 54:32, giving me 10 for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home