Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Ode to Exuberance

Today I feel like I'm back in training. After the last five weeks of racing, its back to basics and regrouping - setting my eyes on California International Marathon on December 3.

67 days . . . 9.5 weeks.

This was my first hard training day in weeks and to kick things off I took on an old nemesis - the BN loop. I wanted to take the hard parts at increased but not tempo effort. This led to four river miles in 25:50 (sub-6:30 pace) and for the BN hill/Belmont Plateau leg all I wanted to do was maintain effort. I got too overeager, however, and got anaerobic going up BN, and kept up that effort the rest of the way so that the summit checkpoint (in 9:23) and the plateau checkpoint (in 17:37) were faster than I should have gone. Of course this thrilled me. The last 3.5 or so miles, cooldown, felt like the ass end of a marathon. Just really sore legs.

These times will come down. One of the most rewarding parts of my summer training was running this course each week and knocking seconds off of these splits each time I went out. This workout sets the table for that process again. This loop on Thursdays, track workouts on Tuesdays, long runs with the PTC boys on Sundays, and lots of mileage in between. There you got my training plan.

The best word to describe this feeling I have towards bearing down again is infatuation. In the last few days that I've hit the streets, the first few miles are run on sheer exuberence at being out there, and by the time I've burnt this off the pace has been set. I feel like anythings possible, that there are no speed limits. I know this feeling won't last, but I sure love it while its around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home