Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Feeling Blue

Felt the weight of the world this morning, and decided to pay a visit to the Lansdowne Sycamore.

This felt like a pilgrimage on borrowed time. The former because I felt I was looking for something, peace maybe or a bit of stability from something that has been living for over 300 years. Borrowed time because it was light again when I left at 6, something of a reprieve as it will not last long. To get out to the tree requires running about a half mile on a trail through the woods by Cobbs Creek, something that can't be negotiated when the mornings are dark again.

Two huge dogs came bounding and barking up to me just before crossing Cobbs Creek, oblivious to the shouts of their pinheaded master.

I passed at least twelve different polling stations. On the ones that were on my side of the road I borrowed a page from big-city marathon running, when there is always some runner waving his arms and trying to get a cheer out of the crowd. I did that in East Lansdowne, where the line was snaking around the corner of the town hall on Long Lane. Along with waving my hands I shouted out my choice of president and got back cheers. When I tried this again at a few places in Lansdowne and Yeadon, all I got was laughter. Maybe it was the lime green shorts.

My little unscientific canvassing determined that voter turnout appeared heavy this morning, and the mild weather certainly abetted standing outside waiting to vote. In my jaunt through Philadelphia and eastern Delaware County, the only scrap of McCain/Palin support I saw were a couple of signs in front of polling places. All other yard signs, bumperstickers, etc. all were Obama/Biden. We'll see what happens tonight.

I see that Philadelphia Runner lurks on my blog, I'm glad they responded to yesterday's post. I also want to add that they have always treated me well. I am probably one of the reasons that there is not much guy gear in the running store, as my running stuff is mostly from the bargain bins at running expos and old fleece and race tshirts.

All the action going on made the run seem to go fast. In actuality, it was 10 miles in 83:05.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi again!! Just letting you know we really arten't stalkers, but that "Google Alerts" can be a useful tool!!

Talk to you soon...


Google Blogs Alert for: "Philadelphia Runner"
Feeling Blue
By seebo(seebo)
I see that Philadelphia Runner lurks on my blog, I'm glad they responded to yesterday's post. I also want to add that they have always treated me well. I am probably one of the reasons that there is not much guy gear in the running ...

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home