Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer Doldrums

I know, I know. It's been awhile, almost a week, since I've posted.

Good news is that I've been running, bad news is that I really haven't been training. Works picked up, kids are around, and other stuff is going on as well. All good, but hasn't made for getting back into the swing of things. Tomorrow the kids and I are road tripping to Ohio, so another 5 days of sporadic running and blogging.

I need to get to bed, so I'm just going to give a recap of what I've been up to.

Today - didn't get out this morning, but got in 3 this afternoon in 22:40. This was serendipitous, as I took Tony to a soccer scrimmage deep in the bowels of South Jersey and there was a track right next to the field he was playing on. So I spent the second half of the game running. I had on running shoes, but must have looked a sight doing strides in cargo shorts and a polo shirt. I don't think I got much physical conditioning, but mentally it made me tougher as the last thing I wanted to do was run that and the surface of the Triton High School track was worse than the Franklin Field surface.

Yesterday - 74 minutes, reverse Woodland loop down to 43rd and out to Locust. Call it 9.5 miles.

Tuesday - DNR

Monday - 70 minutes. Woodland loop with a 43rd St. add-on to meet Deirdre. Call it 9 miles.

Sunday - 2 hours flat. Tenicum and an add-on through Prospect and Ridley Parks to get the desired time running. Made it home just as the rain started that would last the rest of the day. 14.5 miles.

Saturday - no time. Short figure 8 in Tinicum. Easy 6 or so.

So there it is. I'm maintaining and not really fretting about any fitness that I've lost. I'll holler back at y'all when I'm back on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home