Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Running Late

Hey, White Boy.

What you doing in this neighborhood??

When I hear comments like these, I know I'm running late as it means that the kids are hanging around just before school. I like to be done a bit earlier than that.

The calls aren't that big a deal, but today I know that the later I was out, the hotter it would be. Even that time of the morning. And the sun was beating down by the time I headed down Larchwood Ave to finish my run.

Ran an Acme loop this morning. I used to run this as often as 3 times a week, now I run it infrequently. A good route to run as much of it is shady. Don't remember the last time I ran it, but it must have been awhile ago as there is now a dirt lot on 36th and Fairmount where a public housing highrise was standing last time I passed by. I remember it empty, now its gone without a trace. Damn and good riddance.

Took it slow, but faster than some of the times I've run it. 10 miles in 85:06. And, once done, gulping down a cold sports drink, bathed in sweat (me, not the drink), has to be one of the best feelings I know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Good ol' Acme. I see that today wasn't a day for Lebanon, though.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Looking back on my logs, I see that I've run it about 18-25 times (once in reverse). Seems like more - I always remember it as a MWF run.

9:15 PM  
Blogger John W said...

I'm reading your post after my morning run on Wednesday with a big drink in my hand. I'm thinking the same thing.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home