Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, May 30, 2008

Getting There

Still struggling to catch a rhythm, but I've been running. Long as I do the latter, the former will come.

Yesterday I got up at 5:30 but didn't get out of the house due to some, uh, system irregularities. So I took off at lunchtime to Franklin Field, 3 miles out and back and 5000 meters on the track. 5000 went down in 22 minutes and change, half-fast.

Today I got to doing this and that in the morning and pushed off running until this evening. For some reason I usually run faster on afternoon workouts and today was no exception. Ran a Sweetbriar loop that took me down along the river for the first time in awhile. Weather was hot and Smokin' Joe Kubik was on the iPod and I had it down to low 7 minute pace for most of the run. Not looking to do so, that was what felt natural.

Schuylkill River Park along the bike trail has come along nicely. The landscaping has taken shape now and there are lots of people using the space for many different purposes. All against a backdrop of the river and the city with bridges that, if you imagine real hard, resembles the Seine. And all the buzz going about evokes Jane Jacobs' description of a successful park.

Made it around in 61:04; 8 miles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home