Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Shedding the Yoke

My runs this week are more like afterthoughts, and my posts are then afterthoughts to afterthoughts.

Ran out to Cobbs Creek and back on Warrington today. Didn't want to get out there and then didn't want to stop running on such a glorious morning. I rid myself of my watch's oppressive gaze and just ran free.

I never know how to taper. Last time around, in late 06, I just took the whole last week easy, the marathon tapers before that I did one more track workout midweek before marathon day, a 5k on the installment plan. One part of me feels that I should go to the track one more time, but the prevailing part of me says that I need the rest more than I need the legs flogged one more time. So another nice jog tomorrow and Friday, and then its off to Boston.

5.5 miles.

2 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

Best of Luck. Run Lance into the ground!!

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, rest. You're fitness is there...

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home