Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, June 09, 2008

Calling China

For reasons related to work that I won't go into, I had to call China early this morning. They are 12 hours ahead of Philly. It turned out to be like one of those bad dreams when you're calling and calling and just can't get through to the person you're trying to reach. Never did get through.

At the end of that I realized I had told Erin I would meet her to run ten minutes earlier. I had written off running due to that call and the heat but, out of guilt - both at blowing her off and not having run - I put on my shoes and went out to try and catch her. And I did. So we got in 3.5 miles together out to Cobbs Creek and back before I had to finish up and take Tony to school. Untimed.

That's the difference that having someone to run with makes. Not all I wanted, but a helluva lot better than a dnr.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's okay, in 20 or 30 years, we can have the experience of speaking Chinese in Philly, as the US will be a new colony of China--all right, all right, I'm jesting.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home