Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Rebound

Spitting in the wind
comes back at you twice as hard. ~Lou Reed

After a good run yesterday evening it was really difficult to get up this morning. It wasn't just the run, I went to bed late as well.

But it was that old familiar morning feeling, having to get up to run lots of miles... and then to get up and do it again tomorrow and the day after and so on. I wanted to do ten miles this morning, but couldn't wrap my head around it.

So I talked myself out of running this morning and then talked myself back into it. Into at least getting out there and putting a few miles in. If I had a list of running precepts, one of them would be that putting a few miles in the books is vastly preferable to a DNR.

I'm glad I ran. A nice morning to do so. Ran up Locust St. to 63rd to the track and then back home on Cedar Ave. 4+ miles. 37:01.

1 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

I went through the same thing yesterday but at 6:00 pm instead of 6:00 am. I always talk myself into at least 3 miles and my motivation returns when I get warmed up.

Trying to get myself out of bed to do is an entirely different story.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home