Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Drive to Survive

We've all got problems, we've all got fears,
I know the answer and its worked for years
I'll drive... you know I'll drive to survive


That's Jimmy Thackery. With his blues in my head and emotional fuel to burn I was running hard this morning right out the chute. Not necessarily fast, but intense.

Ran west to the Lansdowne Sycamore and back around through SW Philly. The old tree looked weary, like it was feeling the effects of holding up the world for 300+ years. The temps were cool , the sun shined crisp, and I just let the run consume me. By the time I made a left onto Baily Ave. I hit a headwind and realized it had been pushing me along. I kept running hard into the wind and made the 10 mile loop in 81:45.

Shoes: $100
iPod: $200 (?)
Road Therapy: priceless

Drive to Survive

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home