Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Deconstructing University City

Sad, sad day, since my baby went away. - Muddy Waters

Another building is on its way down, right under my nose and I wasn't aware of it. The Post Office Annex at 30th and Chestnut Streets is in the process of being dismantled. No surprise, I knew Penn had bought the property and had other designs on it, but its decline nonetheless startled me. South Street Bridge's closing is also getting more and more imminent. Unconfirmed neighborhood talk says end of August. That will seriously cramp my running. But the neighborhood continues to change.

Ran down to the Schuylkill bike path and popped back up on Chestnut, cutting this section a little short so I could meet Erin at 6. This portion took about 40 minutes. Erin and I then proceeded to toodle around West Philly again for another 50 minutes, going through USP campus, Woodlands Cemetery, Penn Campus, Locust to 48th, and Kingsessing down to Clark Park and back to Erin's. Its a good route for pushing Iris around in the stroller, who was cooing happily through most of the run, thinking that is what Erin and I must be doing as we yap away.

I don't feel like g-mapping this, so we'll say 50+40 divided, very conservatively, by 9 will be 10 miles for the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home