Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Shotgun

I ran this morning, but that seems ages ago.

The big news of the day is the Olympic marathon trials, with triumph overshadowed by tragedy. I don't have anything more to say about that except for how sad it is.

With that lead in it feels more self-indulgent than usual to write about my running. Not much to report, 5 miles - 1 mile out and back to the USP rec center and 4 miles in between on the treadmill. Each time I go out I push the envelope a bit - today I ran the streets without the ankle brace and I also got the pace down to just sub-7 for a bit. I feel the pain in the ankle, but not to where it interferes with my running. That is the way I want it - where I feel like I'm not making accommodations for the pain. I also want to add that I am running within the guidelines of what my doc said was okay, he said it was up to me whether to use the ankle brace when I run.

I'm leaning towards running the Ben Franklin Bridge run, a 10k, tomorrow morning. I'm going to be there to support Rebecca and I'm figuring I might as well jump in. To run, not to race. I think, though, that I will wear the brace, as I am still somewhat skittish about running on roads.

But every run I push the envelope a little bit. Not much, but enough to where I feel I'm getting somewhere. Running tomorrow would be consistent with that.

5 miles, 4 on the hamster wheel in 30:06. Thirty aught six. Shotgun time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vince A. said...

There you go...

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home