Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, October 29, 2007

Here It Goes Again

3 more miles on the treadmill. 23:53.

Ran without the ankle brace today, still held my hand close to the railing on the treadmill. I'm still psyching myself out thinking of my form, can't tell if its real or if I'm imagining favoring the outside of my foot. Waiting to roll. And then, if I visualize it, am I setting myself up to do so again? And on and on. The only way to get off of this mental treadmill is to visualize the form on my left foot. I notice that I go through the same anxieties there.

Also tough mentally to run indoors on a beautiful day like today, watching mindless ESPN drones prattle on about whether or not the Patriots ran up the score yesterday or whether A-Rod was wrong in announcing his opt-out.

But I will stay on the treadmill for the immediate future. Its boring and mind-numbing, but it is safe and right now I need that. I saw a comment on yesterday's post from Vince, saying he'd been there. Vince (or anyone else with similar experiences), I'd be very interested to hear more about how you got past this. Email me (s_metraux@hotmail.com) or leave a more detailed comment.

Good news is I made a physical therapy appointment, bad news is it isn't until next Wednesday. So I'm on my own for awhile.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Your injury.. the pain... the monotony of the treadmill.. the uncertainty.. the fear.. ALL WORTH IT!!! That video makes it all worthwhile. You definitely need some red pants like that, Seebo.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Good luck with the recovery. When you get a chance, could you drop me a note? I had some questions about how the coaching experiment you tried last year worked for you. tomjanofsky at gmail dot com

Thanks and good luck with the ankle. Oh and watch out for telephone poles while you are staring at the ground. Did that one this summer. :)

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home