Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Farther and Faster

I'm overthinking this whole ankle business.

I got out this morning and extended Tuesday's route a little bit (out to 49th instead of 48th Sts) to make it 3.5 miles. I'm afraid I'm favoring the ankle and turning my right foot more inward to avoid pain in the outer tendons above the ankle. I think if I don't think about it then I will do that, but also when I think about it I can't figure out what is "right" and what isn't. Somehow I have in my mind that if I pick things up a bit then I will fall back into a more natural motion. But there is on some level a fear in doing this as I have to push myself to pick things up.

I thought I went faster until I saw that I passed the 38th/Hamilton Walk checkpoint in 9:49, slower than on Tuesday. I then turned on to Locust Walk about 15 meters behind a runner who looked to be running a recreational clip. I had to push myself, however, to maintain this gap between me and the rabbit, which was exactly what I needed. When rabbit turned left of 40th, I kept up at this faster pace which, despite my fears, felt comfortable and more natural.

As a result, I finished the 3.5 mile loop in 28:56. A bit farther and a bit faster than on Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home