Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Update

Swelling hadn't gone down any over the weekend, so I took the advice of wise people and went to the doctor. Went to see Ira Meyers, quite a runner himself (won Philly Marathon back in '86) and someone whose assessment I trust.

The good news is that he said that it didn't appear to be more than a sprain, the bad news is that he started talking of soft casts and physical therapy and the like. But he qualified that with saying that he couldn't say for sure what the prognosis was until the swelling went down. So I've got an appointment to see him again next week and will rest the leg as much as I can (including crutches) until then.

I won't go into how much it sucks not to run. As an alternative, I am running a bit more vicariously these days. So to go along with Geb, my buddy Paul also PR'd in Berlin and Reba PR'd at the Parkway Run. And best of all, my boy Tony has been picked to run in a middle school XC meet next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seebo,

I admire your attitude and patience. Here's hoping you heal up quick and that the roads will greet you readily...

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home