Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Destination Run

Did a point to point run today from my house to Reba's house. The run felt like a bridge from one half of the day to the other. After a relaxing morning I took off around 1, and it was hotter than I realized. Like August was clinging on for dear life, unwilling to surrender to the inevitable. 83 degrees out and it felt humid.

Ran a bit of a variation on the quickest route, taking Warrington out to Cobbs Creek to 70th St. to Lindbergh Blvd. and then out to Tinicum. This stretches the route to 10.5 miles and cuts off much of the over-trafficked and ugly part of Lindbergh. Tinicum was shady but very quiet, seems like the critters had the sense to lay low, except for the egrets wading in Darby Lake, and were probably shaking their heads at the mad runner.

But I made it to Reba's. 10.5 (5.5 to Tinicum in 44:58 and back 5 miles in 38:13) in 83:12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home