Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

You're Invited to the DDC

The Delaware Distance Classic is coming. October 7. A 15k in Wilmington.

Yes, I know its a bit far for most of us, and 15k is a clunky distance. Ergo, not a target race for most of us. But it is a fixture on Mid-Atlantic's Grand Prix circuit and it holds a place near and dear to my heart.

One year ago, that is where Reba and I first met. A bit of an unlikely meeting, but it has led to wonderful things. So we are going to run it again and afterwards have a tailgate party to celebrate the anniversary. Champagne will flow and I'm not sure yet what else. But I promise it will beat the usual stale bagels, bananas and Powerade.

You're invited! Please come. The only condition is that you either run or spectate. You can sign up here. Let me know too. Check back soon for more details, and perhaps a reminisce or two.

As for today, Reba and I headed down to the Drives this morning. Reba met a new running buddy down there, and I settled in with an old running buddy/nemesis - the Kelly/MLK Drive path. Goal was to run the first four miles as a progression run, and then the back four at tempo (sub 6) pace. Actual mile splits were: for the front four - 8:02; 7:18; 6:39; 6:26 - and for the back four - 5:56; 5:53; 5:45; 5:50. For the first time in weeks, I nailed a tempo run.

Beautiful morning to do so. Still dark when I started out. Surprised how many people were out running this early. The morning got lighter as I got faster. Ran the three miles home as a cooldown.

11 miles in 1:17:10. Just about my PDR time.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Sounds like you are back, my friend. I'm glad to hear it.

I would love to make the anniversary party, but Nora and I will be out in Boulder that weekend. We'll toast you and Reba at altitude.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home