Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Moving

Sunday night, thankfully tomorrow is Labor Day however. Got a few days to catch up on, but supposedly no one ever reads blogs on the weekends.

Friday and Saturday were non-eventful. Friday I didn't run at all, due to a confluence of work deadlines and the need (it being the end of the month) to get all of my stuff out of my apartment and into the house. Each went reasonably smoothly, but the combination of the two made for a stressful day and no time to get in a run. Well, I suppose I could have squoze it in after I got done moving, but I opted to go hear Bluegrass at Longwood Gardens with Reba. I guess slacking like that is why I won't ever make the Olympics.

Yesterday I slept in and got in an easy 7.5 in the afternoon. Sweetbriar loop. I gmapped it (actually its 7.7 miles) but lost the link. I didn't wear a watch. Not surprisingly, I run different when I do this. I realize it doesn't really matter if I stop at a light. A woman asked for directions and I stopped and made sure she understood them. I asked myself if I should pick up the pace and then shot back at myself "why?" This is the right kind of attitude for an easy day.

This morning I had to squeeze in my run before a canoe trip with Tony out in the Pine Barrens that took up my day. For once I rose to the occasion and made it out early on a Sunday morning, when there is no traffic and I have the city to myself. Plan was to run a "short" long run and run a good chunk of it at marathon pace. I conservatively set 6:15 as marathon pace, but when I got to the Drives and started to speed up, my governor switch kicked in at about 6:25 pace. Its interesting how I've been running long enough to know that, regardless of how fast or slow this pace was, it was around the fastest speed I could sustain for that long. The one mile I pushed really hard came in at 6:18. I felt that was the best I had in me this morning... could not have sustained that pace, nor gone any faster. So one more indicator that I'm in high 2:40's marathon shape. This really inclines me to postpone my next marathon until the winter so I can get more of an opportunity to train.

That was cheetah writing. Woodchuck was out this morning as well, enjoying the cooler temps and crisper sun. He also managed to shake cheetah out of his mp zone just long enough to ogle a few cute women running in skorts, but failed to nudge him hard enough to respond when one made an obvious move in my direction. D-Oh!

A loyal reader pointed out that in the whole google-sphere that is called the internet, this is the only site that features the "word" Zatopecian. Count yourself a true running geek if you know what that means.

14.5 miles in 1:49:38.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home