Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Happy August

The first of the month means that, aside from being Jerry Garcia's birthday, I have to set up a new page in my Excel log where I keep track of my runs, mileage etc. It also means I look over the past month. I went into July with high hopes, and a combination of things led to a more modest training regimen. I got in 180 miles last month. In July of 06 I got in 330 miles.

But its now August. Last year I got in 300 miles even in August. One day down and I'm still on track to hit that. I ran Tinicum in what I would describe not as an easy, but as a relaxed pace. Splits (compare them to Monday) were 46:29 for the first 5+ and 37:54 for the back 5. Listening to M Ward going out and Springsteen's Live in Dublin on the way back.

Along with the usual wildlife, I saw foxes - of the two and four-legged variety, a fawn that was small but very fast, horseflies, a gutted fish carcass, and a dead goldfinch. I also saw a possibly unopened 2 liter Gatorade bottle and a bag full of beer bottles which I couldn't tell if they were full or empty. I mention that because I've been seeing alot of unopened or halfway consumed bottles of various liquids along the sides of roads and trails - much more lately than I've ever seen. I wonder if I'd ever get to the point of being dehydrated enough to where I'd pick up one of those bottles. I also wonder why I've seen so many of them lately.

I'll leave you to chew on that. 10 miles in 84:24.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Good to see you back pounding the roads. Any plans to race before TCM?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home