Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, July 28, 2007

2 in a Row

First time I've run for two days in a row in over two weeks.

Met up with Ian, Chem Steve, and Craig at the Art Museum at 8 a.m. and we set out to go for two hours. We headed up Kelly Drive out to Manayunk, went up the "three bears" hills on Belmont Ave and back through Fairmount to Market and up the bike path to the Art Museum. That fulfilled the obligation.

I'm calling it 15.5 miles in 2:04, I don't have the time to g-map it (although that usually doesn't stop me). Weather was soupy, and as my shorts got sweatier they started falling (they no longer have a drawstring), so I had to run West Philly style and keep a hand on my waistband on the latter part of the run.

A study made the news this week on how having obese friends increases the odds that you will become obese. The authors of the study mentioned that the reverse also happens, that thin friends will increase the odds of you being thinner. I'd like to add a corollary to that, as fast friends will make you faster. Today's run was a case in point, there was an energy today where we went at a faster clip than I know I would have gone out at if I were by myself. It was also gratifying to find a kick left as we finished the run down along the Schuylkill bike path.

All in all, an enjoyable run despite the heat and humidity. See if I can make it a three-peat tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home