Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Silver Wings

The Thursday night posse was out, and for once I could join them. Ian, John W, Jim, Chem Steve, Deirdre and a guy Lee whom I met for the first time. Met at the Art Museum and went up Lemon Hill and up and around Fairmount Park. Me, Lee, Ian and Deirdre found ourselves alone when we got to Georges Hill. Conversation focused on reports that a body was found in a car the other day near South Georges and Belmont. Then we took a run down the midway of the carnival that was out in front of Memorial Hall. We were going to chip in and get Ian a funnel cake. We ran under the Civil War Memorial arch - site of the start and finish of G5K II, and then back across the river and around the other side of Lemon Hill, site of the G5K I. Along the way Ian gave some some tidbits about this Sundays G5K III, which promises to be more anarchic than ever.

We also got to run by one of my favorite statues, that of post-Civil War mayor Morton McMichael, sitting there with outstretched hand in a long tradition of Philadelphia mayors inquiring "What's in it for me?"

We made it back to the Art Museum in just about the same time as the other three. We got to hear how Chem Steve was victimized for a second time by a diving hawk. I then ran down the bike path with Deirdre, and back to Lloyd Hall by myself, to get in 80 minutes (80:47 to be precise), call it ten miles.

Its good to run with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home