Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Supplication

Kicked back a bit today after yesterdays workout. Strawberry Mansion Bridge loop, straight up. Ran the 3.5 MLK miles in 27:16. The weather could almost be described as crisp this morning, and on one shady part of Ford Road, running into a headwind, I could swear that I felt a slight chill. Sent shivers up my back. Had Tori Amos and Grace Potter provide the musical accompaniment.

Trying to think of anything noteworthy that happened. Ran into Erin and Iris as I was running along Clark Park and caught up a little bit. Gotta hook up again with the Club West Philly contingent that has been leaving from Erin's house on weekday mornings. Also ran past an accident coming down 44th St. by Lancaster Ave in time to see paramedics slowly and carefully wheel a man dressed in his Sunday best and his neck stabilized into an ambulance. Said a prayer for him and imagined that somewhere in West Philly there is a congregation that is praying for him as well.

11 miles in a little over 90 minutes (don't have my watch handy for the exact time).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home