Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Fast Friends

A friend with speed is a friend indeed.

The upshot of yesterday's blog entry was that Ian emailed me and asked if I wanted company this morning. We met at the Art Museum at 6:30 to do the Drives together.

Don't need to tell anyone how much easier a longer run is with company. We yapped about the usual things - that is anything that struck our fancy (but no animal fornication topics this morning) as we gradually picked up the pace. At the start Ian, like a hustler, said he wasn't feeling it this morning and that I should go ahead if I felt him to be dragging. First mile was a 6:55, and we worked that down to where the mile 4 checkpoint came in at 26:46 and the 4 Kelly Drive miles were in 25:13. A little fast at the end, but I didn't complain. Its a guy thing.

Goes along with unreliability and lack of chivalry.

Missed an ice cold Fresca waiting at home for me upon my return. All total 15 in 1:49:18.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

There are exceptions to every rule... and for that I am thankful.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home