Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, June 08, 2007

Monk Prep

Didn't get to run yesterday due to a work deadline. Probably better that I gave my legs a rest anyway, they were starting to whine and whimper.

I'll hit 'em twice as hard today, however. This morning I ran the 10 mile Tinicum loop and tonight I'll run the Monk 5-k.

I figure this morning's run is long enough so I'll have an excuse should Ian beat me, but I ran it easy enough so that it should not really affect my performance this evening. Besides, the Monk race is purely out of fun, as I am in no racing shape and the temps promise to be in the 90s and (my favorite factoid) this course supposedly only has 0.1 miles of level terrain.

It was already hot this morning, as I left around 10 am for Tinicum. The humidity was hanging over everything and stifling the activity in the refuge. Turtle count stood at two and the only things really moving were the Cabbage White butterflies. I again inhaled deeply through Carwash to partake of the honeysuckle perfume that seemed to have more staying power on the heavy air.

10 miles in 82:37. Sections in 28:30; 15:34; 15:37; & 22:55. Mile 1 in 9:11 and mile 10 (reverse of mile 1) in 7:40.

A happy 8 months today since the DDC.

Monk report tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home