Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Slugs Mating

Got a text from Ian last night, that got me out this morning at 7:30. We headed down to the Art Museum to meet with Philly Runners at their summer meeting time, 8:00, but not before running into Erin and Iris, from whom we learned that there is another contingent of CWP runners on the streets in the mornings.

From this group we picked up Steve "no nickname" G, Jim & Deirdre, losing the first two on the way to the fire trail up on Belmont Plateau. From there it was back down to MLK, up the BN, and through Fairmount Park to the zoo, where Deirdre split and left me and Ian to run back to W. Philly.

Thats what running with friends does, gets me out and running for two hours (2:00:02) when I only planned about an hour and a half. Even at 7:30 it was hot and humid. When Ian and I got to talk about slugs mating (look it up on YouTube), then I knew we had truly talked about everything. And there's nothing like talking about Ironman tris just as you are finishing up for realizing that your two hour run, where the fork got stuck in at about the 1:40 mark, is nothing but a warm up.

Call it 15 miles. I could call it anything I want because the course is unmeasurable.

2 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

Oh, man. I stopped at 2:00:01. And as John can tell you, I'll talk about slugs mating every chance I get. Maybe the three of us should start a running club called Slugs Mating. Wait, no, that's wrong in every way.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Okay... so I had to go to YouTube to see what all the hubbub was about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgPAQTJLQs

Watch it at your own risk. I don't think I want my lunch anymore.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home