Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Improv Run

Made it up as we went along this morning. Met up with Deirdre at 40th and Spruce, and she had to be done by 7:10. So we ran north up to Fairmount Park and when we got to Belmont and Montgomery decided it was time to head back. So it was down to MLK and Center City. At 7:08 she was 2 minutes from home and I turned down Grey's Ferry Ave.

Here I got to really see, for the first time, all the work they've done on the property of the old Naval home. It looks really good, though its a bit too encapsulated by walls and geography from the rest of the city for my taste. But the site, even when it was abandoned, always had that isolated feel to it and there are plenty of folks with enough security issues so that that is a plus for them. But it defeats the purpose of living in a city.

The rest of the run was drudgery, going up Grey's Ferry Ave against morning rush hour, past 76 and the recycling processing plant and the like. But that is life, alot of slogging and some all to brief highlights.

Made it home in 80:10, guessed it was 10 miles but gmapped it to make sure. I needent have bothered, but did reaffirm that I have a good sense for judging distance. I got back at 7:28, 2 minutes ahead of my target time for having the time to get me and the kids ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home