Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, May 18, 2007

Backstreets

Easy run this morning. Headed out to Interboro HS track not to do any track work but just as a destination. Futzed through the back streets of Prospect Park, Norwood and Glenolden to avoid having to run on the Chester Pike, and along the way got to see these little blue collar towns up close and personal - the US, Marine Corps, & Dale Earnhardt flags on the front lawn; Confederate license plates; and a shiny silver-aluminum lunch trailer oxymoronically titled "American Frites Crepes".

Looked to go 45 minutes, which at my pace I figured would easily give me five miles. Ran the 2 miles out to the Interboro track, ran an easy 2000 (5 laps) in the company of some elderly walkers, and then back on a variation of the route I came in on.

There are labyrinths of these backstreets. Unlike their more updated counterparts, these streets actually connect and go places so that, should I get to know them well enough, they would allow me to bypass the major, traffic congested roads and strip shopping centers that are the bane of suburban running. If nothing else, it gives me some exploring to do. 'Cause I've the feeling I'll be getting the time to get to know these streets.

5+ miles in 46:26.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home