Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Leg Stretcher

Against my better judgment, I went out to run this morning. Just looking to go out 15 minutes worth into Tinicum and return.

My legs again felt incredibly stiff/sore (can't really distinguish). I realized when I was running that it wasn't the legs, it was only the calves that were feeling this way. Same as last week, and same as they feel after a marathon.

I watched other finishers at Broad Street - fast and half-fast alike - and they seemed to have no problem getting around where I was struggling to walk as soon as the race finished. When people asked, I jokingly attributed it to old age, which is I suppose one explanation. Rebecca says its my lack of stretching. It could be my lack of high mileage in building up for my last two races. Or maybe its the Moon in the Seventh House. I don't know.

But I did stretch this morning. Just the calves. That made Rebecca happy.

Beautiful morning. 15 minutes only took me far enough into Tinicum to get a tease of how beautiful it is in there on a day like today. It only took me 13 minutes to get back. I'll call it 3 miles total in 28 flat, and if that is conservative it is not by much.

1 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

I am in the same boat as you. Monday my calves were sore/tight and I was waddling around and I think today is even worse. However, I did feel fine the entire day after the race, this stuff doesn't always make a lot of sense.

Enjoy an easy week and let them heal up, that is definitely my plan.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home