Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, April 27, 2007

Fearless Heart (a.k.a. Groundhog Day)

Pouring rain this morning, decided to stay in bed. It was a good choice.

Waited out the rain and by quittin time it was dry. Laced up my shoes and went out to Tinicum - 3 miles out and 3 miles back. Out was in 23:40 and back was in 21:52. Legs felt stiff and tired starting out but seemed better as the run went on. Still, I'll be resting them from here on out until Sunday.

Weather was overcast and warm. Surroundings were wet but the trail was very navigable. There were groundhogs everywhere. Don't know what was up with that, as I haven't seen one all year and today they were present in multitudes. A red-tailed hawk was back in the usual place, and the usual smaller birds and deer were also out.

I had a mix on the iPod today to help get me psyched for Sunday. The one that struck a chord was Steve Earle's "Fearless Heart". After late March snow storms and short courses, I took comfort in this and visualized a strong outing.

Rebecca has already spent the prize money she says I'll win on dinner at Budokkan. Next time I write I'll let you know how dinner was.

A fearless heart just comes back for more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home