Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

One of These Nights

I took the hint from Ian last night and chucked alot of the stuff that was on my iPod and added a bunch of new stuff. For some people its new shoes, for me its new music.

Listened to the latest Patty Griffin cd while I drove out to the St. Joe's track. To get there is about a 15 minute drive, but its the closest track that is open 24/7. It was about 6:30 when I got there and ran my warmups still listening to Patty. Great cd, brought the emotion up to the surface at times and got me hoping I could burn this for fuel. Got to visualizing the workout - 2400m with 400s paced 75-75-80-80-75-73. "One of these nights the old girl's going down..." I take that line way out of context to apply it to my workout.

If this were a movie I would totally nail that workout now. But alas. 76-75-86-85-78-77. First two went okay but as I my legs slowed I just got more anaerobic to where I was breathing harder on the second 800 than I was on the first. All in all something left to be desired with this 2400. Then it was an 800 meter jog and 2 400s with a 400 jog in between. The 400s were supposed to go in 70; they both went in 73. Felt sick to my stomach after each rep. That, and having to get back to the kids led me to bag my cooldown. I'd make up for it later when I biked to work from the mechanic; I took my car to the shop today.

So not a great workout timewise but for some reason I felt alot better afterwards. Like I was back on the wagon. I still think sub 16 on Saturday is a Hail Mary proposition, but I'll throw it out there. I'll swipe Ian's strategy and go for mile 1 in a 5:05 and just see how long I can hold it after that.

But if not Saturday, I'll get my sub 16 sometime. "One of these nights the old girl's going down."

2 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

Patty Griffin is one of my favorites. One good CD after another.

I'll be looking for you around 15:58 at the finish line on Saturday.

8:07 AM  
Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Congrats on your sub 16 today. I saw you fly by when I was still on my way out to the turnaround. Then after you finished, you crossed the road in front of me at my 3 mile mark. I yelled to you, which is kind of funny because I've never met you. I do read your blog so it was like seeing a celebrity.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home