Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Multi-tasking

Overslept this morning, so I had to get a bit creative. As Tony biked to school, I ran alongside him. While I was at the school I had a conference with Tony's teacher and got his report card (all A's). I then continued my run and fell in with the mother of one of Tony's friends, who I only know as "Zoe's mom", who was riding her bike to Penn.

From there, with report card in hand, it was around the back of Franklin Field and up South/Spruce St. to Baltimore Ave and back home. A very mellow run on a very mild day. Forsythias are blooming, and I got a glimpse of the long row of them that are just east of Penn's ice rink that you can see best when on Walnut. They have not peaked yet. Forsythia's hold a special place in my heart.

It was pointed out to me that yesterday's blog was a bit hard to follow. I read it over again and indeed it does read very geekily, with alot of numbers where it is not really clear what they are referring to. Believe it or not I do try to avoid trackspeak, or at least translate it as much as I can, but yesterday I wrote the entry just after I got home and I was still excited and (metaphorically) out of breath. I hope that came through.

GP mentioned that the runner gets more emotionally attached to times than the coach does. I thought about that some and wrote back that being able to sink that kind of emotion into my running, to have this outlet, has been as much the reason as any for my faster times. And while I don't recommend running as therapy, doing this has helped me partake in other parts of my life more emotionally, more passionately.

If I turned that into a book I bet it would sell.

But my eyes are on a different prize. Day after tomorrow. I'm still getting stronger. 3.5 miles in 29:16.

1 Comments:

Blogger John W said...

The amount of time you spend on the track boggles my mind. it seems like every other day.

I'm excited for your race this weekend. Looks the weather is going to be a little more cooperative.

Again, Kick some ass.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home