Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Missed Connections

Orders were for a "steady state" 10 miles this morning. I figured it would be a good morning to go run with the Philly Track Club guys. Its been awhile since I've done this. As per their website, meeting time was 8:30, and I made it up to Roxborough at 8:35. No one was there.

Not the biggest loss. I figured I'd just go down to Forbidden Drive and run. It was mild and sunny - a beautiful day to run. Forbidden Drive, more so than the Drives, is the place to see and be seen on a Sunday morning, and sure enough alot of folks were out this morning. Lots of waves and nods to folks I recognized from the local racing circuit. Dave Thomas and Bill Kampf were out coaching their Leukemia runners, and I talked with Dave for a bit. As I was doing this Rob and Mickey, two stalwarts from the evil SJAC empire, passed by. I figured I'd catch up with them but never did, they must have stopped at NW Ave. This is where I turned around and headed back down Forbidden Drive.

This is three weeks (and a day) before Boston, so folks were getting in their last long run before tapering. A sure sign of spring and this positive energy was palpable out there. I continued past the Kelly Drive end of Forbidden Drive down the trail that runs along the Wissahickon, which they seem to be widening and otherwise constructing. This has led to alot of clearing of what was once woods. I'll have to see if this will be an improvement over what was. Then the last stretch was uphill on Ridge Ave. back to the PTC house.

Turns out that their Sunday run starts at 8:00. I'll make a note of that for next time.

Nutella crepes with the kids was the post-run fare.

Actual distance was almost 12. Call it 11.5 in 89:32.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home