Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, March 23, 2007

Damper

I did the thing I fear most in training this afternoon. I went out in the pouring rain.

I meant to go run this morning, but took that time to prep for a morning meeting and ran instead this afternoon. That worked fine except for the weather. But I willed myself to go out. At first the rain was light and I wondered why I have this aversion to running in the rain. But then the rain got heavier and the wind made it so it came in at an angle. Shorts and shirt clung to my body, sneakers each gained a few pounds water weight, and water ran and dripped from my head and cap. Yeah, this is a drag.

Fortunately, the run was easy. A six mile Art Museum loop in 49:52. Time went by oh so sloooowwwwlllly. But its done.

Tomorrows workout will be a bit more challenging, but I won't think about that until tomorrow.

A good weekend to be out of town. But it looks like things are not much better in Denver. Then again, it doesn't matter what the weather's like in Boston, as the action will be going on indoors. Best to both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home