Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, March 17, 2007

All Revved Up

Those of you who are local are all too aware of the little storm we had yesterday. It was drizzly when I ran my two miles yesterday morning and after I got back the rain got heavier and then as I pulled into work the drops started to bounce about. This freezing rain/sleet just kept coming and by the evening the roads were slick and messy. At about 8 pm the Adrenaline 5k race organizers put an announcement on their website postponing the run until March 31.

So where I would otherwise have been writing up an LBRR (long boring race report), I am now pondering my fate and humbled by the elements in my world that I have no control over. It'll be a day off from running today and some regrouping over the weekend as I ponder what to do. I imagine I will take advantage of the two additional training weeks and gear up again for the 31st.

I'm disappointed, but not too much. It's funny how long it takes for the realization to sink in that what would have been today's race was at first going to be negatively impacted by the weather and then was not going to happen at all. But at least its not a marathon, which is a much more singular event. 5ks are a dime a dozen and the training is a bit more portable. So I'll adapt.

I was out on the prowl down by the edge of the track
And like a son of a jackal Im a leader of the pack -- but --
Every saturday night, I felt the fever grow

Do ya know what its like, all revved up with no place to go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home