Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, March 10, 2007

SPRNTCF

Super Power Ranger Ninja Turtle Cheetah Fast.

SPRNTCF.

GP said, as part of preparing for next Sundays race, to start to visualize a good performance. Start thinking about good workouts, about moving fast, about crossing that finish line in 15 something. In short, to go SPRNTCF. No, to be SPRNTCF. That is the mantra.

Only problem is that there have not been a whole lot of fast workouts recently that I can call up and have aid me in my visualization. And today's workout did not look to add to that. Specifically:

2 mile warm up, mile strides:
4 x 400 – 60 seconds rest in a circle:
Pace- 72 per lap.
5-8 mins rest.
1 x 3000 meters: 7.5 laps.
90-90-87.5-87.5-85-85-42 (for 200 meters)- 72 last lap.
1 mile cooldown

Damn your eyes, GP. I'm having a hard time getting 75s these days and today I have to do 72s?! That anxiety welled up again as I was running down to Franklin Field. I held on to those strides like I didn't want them to end. Then I figured, hell, it was only four of them, just take the first one as hard as I can and see what happens. First one came round in 68.7. Damn, I didn't think I could run that fast. Second one in 71.9, still feeling okay. Last two in 69.6 and 72.1. I did it.

Took a walk around the track. Looked, for the first time ever, really looked at the plaques on the far turn at Franklin Field known as the Wall of Fame for the Penn Relays Carnival. Looking for inspiration, trying to get into a fast frame of mind. Second part would be easy except for the last lap. Sure enough, 87; 91; 87, 87, 85, 86, 40, and 72.4. The first 2600 meters softens you up, and then its how much there is left in the tank. There was alot left. Would have been faster if it weren't for a mental lapse - savoring the thought that I still had a kick going around the final turn and as a result breaking into the kick too late. But I had a kick. And I could have done another one.

I guess I'll be thinking back on this workout when I'm visualizing for a good performance next Sunday. I am SPRNTCF.

7.5 miles total, no total time.

Tomorrow is the Cesar Rodney half marathon. I'm not racing it, just running and pacing. I'll write about it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home