Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blind Date

On Saturday I answered a post left on the Philly Runners message board by a guy looking to get some action in, about 10 miles worth at 6:45 pace, while he was in town visiting his sister. I like answering such ads, and have benefitted much from getting to know some of the persons I've met this way.

By some interesting twists of serendipity the sister (as well as the brother-in-law) that Bob was visiting are both faculty at USP whom I know, and they live in Lansdowne, within spitting distance of the Sycamore. So I went over there to run the Sycamore loop, with a little extra added on to get back and forth from Roy and Kim's, starting at what usually would be the middle of the run.

But before running I hung out a bit and drank coffee. Then we headed out. Turns out that Bob and I have various things in common, enough to give us plenty to talk about during the course of the run. And we are both too old to have to worry about having the run devolve into a pissing contest. 10.5 miles went by in no time, well, actually in 78:53.

The run was over and we had more coffee, this time with muffins and more conversation. Met a new friend, got to know some colleagues a bit better, and squeezed in a run between leisurely cups of coffee. Sunday running at its finest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home