Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ribbons Undone

She's a girl
Rising from a shell
Running to spring. ~Tori Amos



Getting thoughts of Spring. On the bright side, its becoming more noticeable that its getting lighter earlier, even on days like today that are grey and overcast.

However Winter is not going anywhere soon. While its a bit warmer than its been, its still cold enough to where the earphone cord gets stiff and the buds have a harder time staying in my ears. But fortunately I'm a clever guy and I figured out that if I wear a knit cap instead of my usual baseball cap I can keep the buds firmly ensconced.

I may be running towards Spring, but just for today, I hope Winter sticks around. For today's grey is overcast with anticipation of snow. One of those forecasts where if the timing is right classes this evening will be cancelled and I'll have an easier day. But dare I hope? I'll take it gladly and worry about what is to become of tomorrow's workout tomorrow.

I remember exactly where I was this morning when the first snowflake fell. It was about mile 3 into the run on Governor Printz Blvd., running the long loop around to Tinicum. By the time I got to the Tinicum refuge there was already a light dusting on the ground. This added to the palate of heavy greys with which the marsh was painted this morning. All was quiet, and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't have heard it over the music I was listening to.

Bread and butter run, as GP refers to it. Did light strides towards the end, but they were very light. Nonetheless, at 83:28, I shaved about 6 minutes from my time on this 10.5 mile course.

And its still snowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home