Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Run Baby Run

Popped the Sheryl Crow dvd that Kevin got me for Christmas into the player and got it in the background. More for the music than to watch, even though I catch myself stealing a long glance every so often. The song that I titled this entry after has nothing to do with running, but so what?

Met Deirdre at the South St. bridge this morning and we went to the Art Museum to do tempo runs on MLK. Parallel play - Deirdre did her tempo and I did mine and we met again where we started when we were both done. On tap for me this morning were three progressive miles: 5:50, 5:40 and 5:30. I ran them in 5:46; 5:38 and 5:31. Went out a little too fast and finished a little too slow. I shouldn't make too much out of a second, but its frustrating as I was right on pace - 4:08 - at the 3/4 mark. Oh well.

If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad.

Considering my goal time, this isn't terribly fast but again is where I'm at. I was sucking oxygen when I was done and it took me jogging all the way back to the South St. bridge, about a mile, before I felt recovered. Until then, I would be holding up my end of a conversation about training with Deirdre and would say an animated mouthful and then have to break to take some breaths.

There was a circle around the moon last night. The moon's light refracted through ice crystals is the scientific explanation; a harbinger of rain is the folk wisdom. Add the chilly weather to that and it might snow tonight. Weather Underground says its a distinct possibility. One can always hope.

9.5 miles in 67:41.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home