Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, January 26, 2007

Ol' 55

One of those days that I didn't want to get out of bed. Just wanted to lie there forever.

Finally made it up and checked the temps. 10 degrees out. Now I just want to stay inside forever.

But I did the next best thing and dressed warmly. And yes, that includes long pants (I won't go into the rest of the gear). I finally got outside and it was indeed the coldest morning of the season sofar. And there was a dusting of snow on the ground, enough to exercise extra caution.

These conditions set the tempo for the morning. Relaxed and just plodding forward to get the run done. A course through Delaware County, starting off slow with my eyes peeled to the ground in front of me and slowly looking up as I started to warm up. Too cold for the iPod, but songs popped into my head nonetheless.

Now the sun's coming up, I'm riding with Lady Luck, freeway cars and trucks,
Stars beginning to fade. (Tom Waits)

7.7 miles in 71:05. I know I went slow, but that seems too slow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home