Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back on the Horse

Second Tuesday in a row this morning I ran with Ian, so you can check out his blog and get a parallel take on how he saw this morning's run. We headed out west to Cobbs Creek and did the Woodland loop, going down to 39th St. to get in about 10.5 miles. Both the conversation and the pace made the run go fast.

Today seemed to be a catfest. Seemed to see as many of them as I saw squirrels the other day. The first one was dark and it came out of the dark to cross the street right in front of us. I was a bit, shall we say, concerned because it was black, Ian assured me that it was grey. I guess the events over the next seven years will bear out what color it was. A few more cats after that and it felt like we were in a Harry Potter movie.

I also got to complain to Ian about my disappointment at "only" running in the low 70s, mileage-wise, last week. Its a difficult thing to explain, because on one hand its not really a problem but on the other hand it is. He got that.

He also put a positive spin on my DNR yesterday. He suggested that this reflected my priorities, and that maybe these priorities, with running not on the top, were exactly as they should be. When put that way, my not running yesterday feels like a good thing.

So all in all, I'm back on the horse. Still not getting in the miles that I'd like but, to paraphrase the Stones: I get what I need.

10.5+ miles in 74:46.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home