Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Squirrelly Morning

Drizzly but mild this morning as I headed out with my roomie. We started out quiet, surly even into the early daylight and down Baltimore Avenue, which is deliciously devoid of traffic at this time of weekend morning.

Through Penn and into Powelton, we encounter a woman in a faux tropical cat print skirt and matching jacket, obviously just heading home from last night. She makes to run with us despite being in boots with ridiculously high heels. In those shoes. . . I don't think so.

After that we livened up a bit, and spent the Fairmount Park miles analyzing the pros and cons of David Beckham going to the Galaxy. By then I realized my legs didn't have it this morning. This came mostly from my calves, which started out tight and never really loosened up. It also might come from the fact that I actually got alot of sleep last night, and my body doesn't know what to do with that.

Lots of squirrels about this morning. There's several different kinds of squirrels - the traditional grey, the red, and the occasional black one. My favorite are the red ones. One particularly intrepid squirrel was climbing the branches of one tree that took it over 47th St. and then took a flying leap to land in some branches of a tree on the other side of the street to create a sort of squirrel-skyway.

We did the Acme loop (34th and Lebanon version) and then I added on an additional 39th St. loop to get 11+ miles. Main reason I did the latter is because I really didn't want to. Gotta stretch and build that mental muscle. Total time 92:12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home