Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Resolution Starts Now

If I have to make a running related resolution, it should be to get to bed earlier. Over the last months I've fallen in a rut where I stay up doing stuff till right around 1 am. It always seems to work out that way to that time. That makes it pretty hard to get up at 5:30.

Last night fell into the same pattern, and I couldn't drag myself out of bed until 6. Had to get the kids off to school this morning, so I was time limited on the back end as well. So I had 45 minutes to run, had to make the best of it. Went down to Franklin Field and looped around, and when I got back up to 47th St. I just kept heading west. Turned south on 54th St. and realized I still had extra time, so I took it all the way down to Warrington. This had me out running for 47 minutes, a good but not great workout. After my efforts over the last couple of days, an easy run was not uncalled for.

I plan, however, to get in another session this evening on the hamster wheel here at USP. If I could get in 4.5, that'll put me up to my daily quota of 10.

Sky was clear and dark black fading to lighter shades as the sun came up. The kind of sky that comes with bitter cold. The only thing missing, however, was the cold. Ain't complaining, no sir.

Had a Tori Amos mix on the iPod this morning. "Raspberry Swirl" . . . good running song, got me pounding the concrete hard to its energy. Visualizing intensity again. A new training cycle means a new set of running songs, and that'll make the mix.

5.5 miles run here, time is 47:31.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home