Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Out with the Old

I ran with Kevin, aka the Anglocellerator, this morning. We figured out that, despite rooming together, this was only our eighth training run together this year. In contrast, we identified at least a dozen races we both ran in this year.

Kevin is like Deirdre in that they don't know how to run slow. Not in either of their vocabulary. In contrast, my training pace usually is slower than what it should be for the race times I shoot for. So heading out this morning was one of the few times I wished I had stretched before a run, as we pretty much went right into a 7 flat pace and kept going.

The pace wasn't hard (and even if it was I wouldn't admit it), it was brisk. But not so much as it wasn't conversational in a guy style - short bursts followed by periods of silence. Running with Kevin, I feel like as much gets said in the silences as when we chatter.

Anyway, we did a Strawberry Mansion Bridge loop, another mild morning. I told Rebecca, who was running the Drives with a friend later, to tell me if the smoke was still lingering on MLK Dr. She said it was.

10.8 miles in 77.26. That closes the book on '07. 3,133 miles logged. Enough to run to Vancouver and still have a few hundred miles left over. And tomorrow that will just be a number to beat for '07.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home