Seebo's Run

A running commentary on my training and whatever else emerges from that.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Tinicum

To have a girl who maps me running routes. What more can I ask for.

Took it to Tinicum National Wildlife Refuge this morning. Tony and I have been hiking several times out in the northeast end of the park over the past few months. This morning I took advantage of a day off and continued mild weather and headed out there again, this time solo and to run. I started on the southwest end (see map) and went along I-95 and then clockwise around the second loop. At the tip of the second loop I improvised a bit and turned east until the next fork in the path and then, turning back, completed the loop I started. The running was on sufficiently wide dirt trails that went along marshy tidal flats with ducks and shorebirds to keep me company. Everything was quiet except for the wind blowing through the reeds and the cars whooshing by on I-95.

Looking at the map I see I only scratched the surface of the running possibilities in this place. I'm sure I'll return to explore further.

The extra little bit was enough to give me 45 minutes running time. 46:18 to be exact, call it 5.5 miles.

1 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

I've wanted to check out the trails out there. Next time you want to take a trip, lemme know!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home